Monday, September 1, 2014

Back to School!

It's official! We've been back in school for 8 days! I never thought we would make it that far, but we did! I have a class of 24 precious sweethearts this year. I have to say it has probably been the best beginning to a school year I've ever had... as I knock on wood while admitting this.

How is it that every year when school starts I forget how EXHAUSTING it is!? I mean, it feels as though my legs or feet will never be the same. Not to mention the relaxing pedicure that took place on the last day of summer feels nonexistent and only a figure of my imagination! Although I do feel my first day back to school this year was VERY GOOD, this pretty much sums it up....

 
 


I had a ton of fun using Deanna Jumps Names packet this past week! I highly recommend this packet to anyone for beginning back to school fun! We started the week with reading "The Wheels on the Bus." Oh, but not just once, not twice, but we read three different versions of this fun ditty! My awesome teacher friend across the hall had an adorable pop up version that not only made the kids giggle but myself included! Here's my teacher example! You never get too old to enjoy a craftivity here and there. (sorry it's sideways) oops.



This is the writing prompt that goes along with the pocket chart activity in this unit. Yes, that is indeed a green and pink floral carpet you see behind this picture. I was cutting things out at my grandma's house, because we all know that this time of year... or let's face it, all year long we are carrying around a bag of things to cut out! Oy.




Out of all of the cute name activities we did this past week, the self-portraits were by far my favorite!!! Look how cute they turned out! Mrs. Jump included the very helpful tip to go around the room while they are working on their hair, and write down a word on a post-it note that begins with the same letter as their names. The kids loved helping brainstorm words that begin with the same letter and yes... most of them make you laugh because they are so far off from what their names actually begin with. But, at least we get a nice chuckle out of it and will help us dance with joy weeks from now when the light bulb goes off and they get it.... we hope!

 
 
You can find the cute names packet by Mrs. Jump here.
 
 
I am excited about this upcoming week! On to colors and introducing Pete the Cat!
Have a great week! 


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're doing really fun stuff in your classroom. I'm glad you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete