Monday, April 21, 2014

Butterflies!

I am soooo happy to finally be enjoying Spring! And with Spring comes caterpillars! I can hardly contain my excitement that our class caterpillars will be arriving next week!

It is so fun to watch my kinders gaze in wonder at the complexity of caterpillars and the metamorphosis process! I am eager to use my butterfly observation journal again this year! It is a great way for students to record and document the growth and changes of the caterpillars.



 
 
I also made several other activities and printables to enhance my literacy centers!
 
 
Students participated in hands on activities to put in order the life cycles of butterflies, chickens, and plants.


 
 
I suppose we can learn more than the process of metamorphosis from a butterfly... Simple life lessons are in nature all around us..
 
 
 
You can find my butterfly unit here! Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment